Q: What is the FICO Analytic Cloud?
The FICO Analytic Cloud is a complete end-to-end solutions ecosystem that provides access to data science tools, application development software, on-demand infrastructure, applications, vertical solutions, and packaged analytic content from FICO and trusted partners, as well as market-leading enterprise applications. The FICO Analytic Cloud provides a community and marketplace for analytics and decision management and an infrastructure for the development, deployment, and use of big data, advanced analytics, and decision management solutions.
Q: Why should I use a cloud-based decision-management application?
The flexibility and accessibility of the cloud allows people to discover new business opportunities and respond to dynamic market factors faster than ever before.
- By moving analytic development and decision management solutions creation to the cloud, FICO has enabled significantly better integration, ease of use and time-to-value for analytically-powered application development.
- By developing a platform built on open standards and published APIs, FICO has made it even easier to buy, build and deploy analytics consistently throughout the enterprise.
- By leveraging the economics and scale of a cloud-based solution FICO can offer customers more accessible, less expensive, and less complicated analytic solutions.
Q: What are the benefits of a Software-as-a-Service approach?
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) approaches to information technology solutions enable organizations to remain focused on their core mission by letting the service provider deal with the hardware, environmental, and operational aspects of information technology. SaaS solutions typically provide users with a more flexible usage model, scalable deployments, quicker time-to-value (faster start-up and implementation times). SaaS solutions typically have a lower impact on internal IT resources, and avoid capital expenditures (as services costs are usually aligned with operational expenditures). Software-as-a-Service solutions will also allow subscribing users to benefit from the experience of a broader community of users, more rapid resolution of software bugs, and quicker deployment of enhancements and new features.
Q: Do I need to install anything to use the FICO Analytic Cloud?
In order to use the FICO Analytic Cloud and the Decision Management Suite, in most instances, you will not need to install any software. In general, all the functionality and capabilities of the FICO Analytic Cloud will be supported as a cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution. There are some specialized applications, such as the FICO Application Studio, which provide a rapid application development and deployment functionality, which will require the installation of local components.
Q: Do I need to send my credit card information to sign up?
Creating a user account and participating in the FICO Analytic Cloud does not require a credit card, and is free of charge. Certain FICO Analytic Cloud solutions are fee-based, and require payment for subscription and use. Other solutions may be purchased with a credit card.
Q: Can I use the FICO Analytic Cloud for free?
The FICO Analytic Cloud is free to use, join and participate. The various solutions, analytic components and tools have a cost to use that may be dependent on use case, deployment model, size of business or other factors. Feel free to leverage the FICO Analytic Cloud Community to determine which components may be right for you and inquire directly with FICO on how to integrate the components or solutions and build an analytically powered solution that works for you.
Q: How do I get started?
Depending on what you would like to accomplish the question has multiple answers:
- If you’re looking for guidance, best practices, or analytic advice, we suggest that you log onto the FICO Analytic Cloud Community site and browse the Community, post a question or reach out the community users for specific assistance.
- If you’re interested in a FICO application or solution search the Marketplace for the relevant solution and click on a “Request Product” button to get started.
- If you’re interested in customizing or building an analytic or decision management solution please explore the Decision Management Suite and associated tools and services.
Also notice that every section of the FICO Analytic Cloud has numerous video tutorials that provide useful information regarding the solutions, their value propositions, and what you need to get started with the applications and integrate those solutions into your environment.